Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!


Well tonight is the last night of 2010 and I cant believe how fast this year has gone by. 1 year ago today I was at home, without the love of my life, because he was in Iraq. Many New Years have we spent it apart so I am savoring him being home. So much has happened in the past 12 months, in our family. Nicholas got married to Meagan and they had a baby(nicholas II), they pcsd to Ft Bliss and he is now prepping for deployment. Ashlee and Blake ended 2009 with the birth of their sweet pea, Kaydence, Blake went to recruiting school, Ashlee graduated from college and they PCSd to Tennessee. Cassidy graduated HS and moved to Az, then moved back to Tx, worked, moved in with her girlfriend, Katie and we said goodbye to her as we moved to Alaska. Tony, started a new school, met some new friends and has really grown alot, he learned how to snowboard, and made the Varsity Basketball Team. Dom and Roman traveled through Canada, saw bison, went to Disney and think Alaska is the best.. Sal and I have again PCSd, reunited, survived another deployment, Sal got promoted and I got a job that I love! All in all its been a good year and I hope 2011 is even better. I love my family and our life. I hope all of you have a safe and happy new year and that everyone stays healthy and safe and special prayers for the soldiers still downrange and our civilian friends down there as well and their families (you are in our prayers each and every day) We also send out prayers to our military families who have suffered from the devastation of the tornado at Ft Leonard Wood and may 2011 be healing for them. I challenge all of you to do something nice for someone this year, something out of the typical nice realm.. Dig deep.. Volunteer some time to a retirement home, crisis nursery, soup kitchen, red cross.. We all depend on each other on this trip called life and we all need to take care of each other.. Peace

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how we Army wives have so much in common especially when we've never met. I just finished writing a very similar post on my own blog. Change is a big part of what we do and it's amazing to see how our kids roll with it and grow.
    I wish you and yours a very happy New Year and one of peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete