Thursday, May 3, 2012

Whew..

That was the most I have blogged in forever, but the Month of the Military Child is VERY near and dear to my heart. I too was an Army Brat and VERY proud of my daddy's service to this country and the sacrifices he made.

So, I should be cleaning and getting ready for my family to visit, but I don't feel like it right now. I have lost my motivation-bahhha. Saturday Ashlee and Kaydence arrive then Sunday my stepdad and mom get here and Monday our fave son in law lands in Alaska!! Next week, Cassidy and Katy come-WOOHOO!!! I wish our whole family could be here, but we will hopefully see them soon.

In other news, Big Sal graduates Friday!!!! Its been a long road but I am beyond proud of him. He has already begun to take his classes for his BA, which he should have next year. Oddly, he HATED highschool and would have rather been hit by a truck that go to HS, LOL.. Its also a little bit of HMMPH! to his English teacher at Greenway High in Arizona. She once told him he wouldn't amount to anything.. Seriously, what kind of teacher says that to another human being? Even without the degree, Sal has become one of the most AMAZING men I know. He has a wonderful career in the Army, a happy family that loves him, soldiers that he mentors and friends that think he rocks! Really, at the end of the day a college degree doesn't make the man. Even though he "acts" like it is no big deal for his graduation, I can see the pride in his eyes. Many times taking his classes I could see on his face a look of BLAH and frustration, BUT success is VERY important to him and I knew he would climb that mountain and conquer it. So my love I write to you..

Salvatore,
I cannot even find the words to say how proud I am of you in EVERYTHING that you do. I frequently wonder how you do it. How do you go to school, lead in the Army, put up with the crap that you do at work, love me, love our children, friends and family. You will always help anyone that needs it. I like to think I am a pretty good person, but I couldn't hold a candle to you. I love the kid I fell in love with 25 years ago and I love and adore the man you have become. You my sweet are the poster child for a decent human being.. I love you! I have a fun memory of you with each of our kiddos.

 With Nicholas, watching you talk to him at our house right after his basic and ait and I was taking pics and noticed that while you were talking to him, he was standing at parade rest. It was so hilarious.

With Ashlee, watching you dance with her on her wedding day was so beautiful and heart wrenching. You doing the soul train was hella funny too!

Cassidy graduating was VERY hard on you and watching you say goodbye when she left to move to Arizona- while it was sad, what was funny was all of us standing outside wondering if you were going to cry.. We won!

Tony's prom night, watching you carefully help him get ready-like you were helping a soldier get his uniform ready for a board.. Pride, love and respect

Dom and Rome-Teaching them to pitch a tent and "camp out" in the back yard. Watching Dom help and work hard and watching Roman hide and act like he was helping.. Even though they didn't make it out there ALL night, you made a fun memory with them.

Thank you for all these years of memories. It hasn't always been an easy climb, but its been worth every step...






Baci, Baci, Baci!

1 comment: